In our last post we promised some great news. We have great news indeed!
Right now we are working in our first production batch!
We had the production prototypes finished for quite some time and we have some cool pictures of them but we are very lazy about our blog. We also think of it as something for the future, to look back and remember how the project grew. Sorry if there was anyone holding their breath for the update!
And here are the pictures!
Anyway, we made a demostration of the production prototypes a little more than a mont ago with our investors (read friends) and they decided to fund our first production batch (read “they decided to pay their share of the materials and participate on the workshop to build the finished products”).
I’ve uploaded the document for the presentation we did for our friends. Inside you can find some cool pictures of the status of our project. I think it will not be very usefull without us talking but, hey, pictures are pictures .
Right now we are working on getting the materials and some minor improvements (that we know should wait for the next version of the hardware but we can not wait and push them through all the process) and we are hopping to have 8 toys to play in the next months.
As for the maturity of the code we are having our first memory usage problems (arduino is a pain when it runs out of RAM) and we are restructiring much of our code (right now I should be writing strings in EEPROM but it’s dull and i prefered to update the blog, apology an all).
We have at the top of the //TODO list releasing some schematics of the hardware and making some kind of UML of the code. Right now it’s, appart from the comments inside the code, as undocumented as it can be. We are not planning to search for more developers any time soon, but we should start with some best practices or something like that.
 All the images and graphics made by us inside the presentation are under CC (same as the blog) all images that we got through google images have the licesnse their owners gave them.
We do not know wich license the document itselfs can be, because we used images from other people. We failed to clearly label the pictures so if anyone wishes to have something removed please let us know. We will try to replace the pictures with pictures of our own if needed.